There are a number of cryptocurrency exchanges in the world that enables you to do crypto to crypto exchange. These exchanges are giving a good platform for the traders who already hold a cryptocurrency and need to change into another one.
The biggest challenge facing by the beginners is with getting their first coin. Until unless there is an option to convert the Fiat currency to cryptocurrency, the beginners cannot utilize the crypto to crypto exchanges service.
In most of the countries, there are local exchanges which allow the conversion of local fiat to crypto. However, they are limited and sometimes the volume might be less than what you expect to buy. Most of the local exchanges accept payment via bank transfer which will takes days to process the deposit and credit to the wallet.
The easiest and fastest method to grab some cryptocurrency is by using your debit or credit card. We have shared a list of exchanges to buy bitcoin using a credit card or debit card in a previous post.
In this article, we will be going through the purchase of bitcoin using debit or credit card from Bitcoin.com website.
Bitcoin.com is a leader in crypto-related products and services for a decade. Bitcoin.com is providing services and products such as wallet, cloud mining solution, merchant solution, exchange service etc.
Bitcoin.com crypto exchange service was launched recently and you have the option to purchase cryptocurrencies with a debit card or credit card. They have integrated simplex and MoonPay to facilitate this.
Earlier days, the integration of simplex offered the purchase of bitcoin core and bitcoin cash with the use of debit and credit card with the help of Simplex.
Recently, bitcoin.com has integrated MoonPay with the website to enable the users to purchase multiple crypto coins without hassle. This integration enabled the option to purchase multiple cryptocurrencies with a debit card or credit card.
Click to Tweet
Let us go through the purchase procedure of crypto using debit card in the following section
How to Purchase Cryptocurrency using Debit/Credit Card from Bitcoin.com
To make your first bitcoin or other digital currency purchase from bitcoin.com, please follow the below steps mentioned.
- Sign in to the bitcoin.com exchange website. If you don’t have an account yet, just sign up here
The registration process is very simple and it will not take more time to fill up the form as it has only a couple of fields.
- Upon login to the account, the page will be redirected to the exchange services. Please navigate to the “Account” tab to buy bitcoin or other currency.
- A wallet page with list of coins will be opened. Just above the coin list, click on the button “Buy Crypto with Credit Card or Bank Transfer“
- Upon clicking on the button, a new tab will be opened with an option to choose currency and amount.
- From the dropdown list, select the cryptocurrency you want to purchase and enter the amount you want to spend on the purchase.
The amount you receive and the current market rate of the coin you selected will be shown in the Summary section just on top of the buy now button.
- When you are ready to place the order, click on the BUY NOW button to proceed.
- Your wallet address will be automatically fetched from your account if you have enabled two-factor authentication for your account. If not, you need to enter an external wallet address in next page
- In the next page, you need to go through quick email verification. Just check for the OTP in email and enter the same in the textbox
- In the next page, fill out some basic information about yourself and go ahead with the purchase.
- Please note that you will have option to make payment via credit/debit card or bank transfer as like below if you choose EUR or GBP as default currency
- In the next page, enter the card details if you have chosen the Credit/Debit card option and make payment.
- After confirming the payment, the crypto will be credited to your wallet within 10 minutes in case of debit card payment and for bank transfer, it may take one business day!
Try to verify your account by providing relevant information to enable withdrawal of higher amount of cryptocurrency!
Setup 2FA to enable Deposit and Withrawal
Which Cryptocurrencies can be Purchased using Debit Card/ Credit Card
You can buy the following cryptocurrencies from bitcoin.com exchange using the debit/credit card with the help of MoonPay
Cardano, Cosmos, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, EOS, Ethereum Classic, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ontology, Tron, Honestcoin, Tether, Waves, Stellar and XRP
Who can Purchase using Debit or Credit Card
Anyone who is at least 18 years old and from the following countries can use this service and can purchase bitcoin or altcoins.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Do my card Works for Bitcoin Purchase
Almost all the cards are accepted by MoonPay for cryptocurrency purchase. The list includes the credit and debit cards of MasterCard, Visa and some virtual cards
Most of the providers who offer cryptocurrency purchase will charge a higher fee for the transaction. You should check the fee, or how much BTC will be receiving on your wallet after deducting the fee before making the payment.
Have you ever bought bitcoin or other cryptocurrency using debit/credit card? Where do you buy it? Have you tried bitcoin.com?
Join the community of subscribers & get exclusive Crypto tips & tricks